Bachelor of Science
B.Sc. or Bachelor of Science is an undergraduate course. Science is the study of the physical and natural world using theoretical models and data from experiments or observation. It is one of the most popular academic degree courses among the science students after class 12th. The duration of Bachelor of Science Course is three years. Three years is the minimum time period between which one can pass the course, the maximum time period of time is generally six years, however this time duration may vary depending upon the University Policy. Bachelors in Science offers very specified knowledge about certain subject areas, usually in one of the three main science fields of Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and Physics. Bachelor of Science Degree Course is designed to develop graduates with the key practical skills and interdisciplinary knowledge. The students are involved in completing pre-planned lab work based on text books and reading and adapting to well known theories. Students study an extensive range of courses and perform research in their choice of field. Bachelor of Science degree programs are mostly meant for those students who have a strong background in Mathematics and the Sciences.
With the advancements in the area of science and technology, this programme has become a one of the highly studied degree course in the Institutions of India.
Some of the Subjects available in Bachelor of Science
• Physical Chemistry
• Computer Science
• Environmental Science
How is B.Sc. Course Beneficial?
• B.Sc. graduates are not limited to just science based fields they can work in a wide variety of non-scientific areas as well.
• Apart from research and government jobs, science graduates can also find jobs in business, marketing, technical writing, banking sector etc.
• Bachelor of Science Jobs include Biology Researcher, Chemist, Dairy Technologist, Doctor, Ecologist, Geneticist, Lecturer, Laboratory Technician, Marine Geologists, Oceanographers, Pharmacist, Plant Biochemist, Science Adviser, Taxonomist, Toxicologist etc.
Bachelor of Science Employment Areas
• Agriculture Industry
• Biotechnology Firms
• Chemical Industry
• Educational Institutes
• Environmental Management and Conservation
• Forensic Crime Research
• Food Institutes
• Forest Services
• Geological Survey Departments
• Health Care Providers
• Industrial Laboratories
• Oil Industry
• Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry
• Research Firms
• Seed and Nursery Companies
• Space Research Institutes
• Testing Laboratories
• Wildlife and Fishery Departments
• Waste-water Plants